Communties
1. Family
2.Neighborhood
3.Church
I belong to several communities, but the one I feel the most comfortable with is my neighborhood. My neighborhood consists of the K-town area located near Pulaski and Maypole, such as Kildare and maypole and Westend and Keeler. My entire family grew up in this neighborhood, and even went to school here. This is also the neighborhood my brother and I grew up in.
The expectations for this community are simple. All of the children stick together, and help each other out and love one another. My role is very simple, too. I am just supposed to watch out for the younger children, including my brother and cousins. I also learn from the older children and adults in my community. The role you play in my community depends on your age, the older you are the harder you work. As for the younger children, they're just supposed to enjoy their childhood years and we make sure they aren't in danger.
My neighborhood feels so comfortable to me, because I've grown to love this place and the people who live here. I've lived on the same block my whole life and have grown up with the same group of children and adults I associate with as of today. I feel at home and at peace in my neighborhood. Everyone knows me, my brother, my mother, my dad and his entire side of the family. In my neighborhood I feel like I'm at home, and I have no worries when I am at home. My neighborhood is a place of comfort for me and i like it that way.
I think this post speaks many truths because it explains some important parts of a community. For example in your neighborhood the older children look after the younger children which shows a unified system that communities should have. I also like that you explained how and why you are comfortable in your neighborhood because i think that is how you should feel in a community. Thank you for the good blog post.
ReplyDelete