Act Two from the play, The Crucible,
brought out the whole truth of Proctor. I finally understood him and Abigail's
affair, and Abigail's reasoning for joining the court. Everything I questioned
was unfolded in ac two. Goody Proctor and John Proctor's conversation told me
everything I needed to know, like how Mary Warren had been serving the court
even after being told not to, and how Abigail was a part of the court, too. In
my eyes Act two brought out the love Elizabeth had for John, while still
conveying her as a concerned and a bit jealous wife. She wanted John to go to
Salem, but John was against it and because of that there was a lot of friction
between Proctor and his wife. But there was also friction because Elizabeth was
questioning John, as if he was still having an affair, and that didn't please
him at all! It actually upset him, but Elizabeth was just being a worried wife,
as I think any other woman would be. But I can very much conclude that they're
still in love and want to get past the affair, because they're both putting up
a fight, which is a sign.
Word count: 200
No comments:
Post a Comment